Administrative Division

How to get to the Kelaniya Divisional Secretariat?

  • From Kiribathgoda junction, about one kilometer towards Kandy, about 300 meters towards Mahara junction to Colombo, the presidential school meets. Near the Presidential College, about 50 meters from the road to the Lord Buddha, the Divisional Secretariat of Kelaniya comes across.

Inquiries regarding Grama Niladhari Division Domain

  • No Grama Niladhari No. for 35 Grama Niladhari Divisions.

Must the owner be present when registering business names?

  • The owner of the business of this business is compulsory and should bring the National Identity Card.

What are the documents required for dealing with bank money and mortgaged goods of a deceased person?

  • Death certificate of the deceased person
  • Documents related to the applicants' affidavits (birth certificates, marriage certificates)
  • Affidavit statements that there is no objection to offer the applicant money or goods if there are other members
  • National Identity Card.

When transferring the names of electricity bills, documents will be brought?

  • Deans proving the ownership of the place
  • The letter confirming ownership of the Housing Development Authority or the Urban Council
  • National Identity Card.

Social Services Division

How to get nutrition allowance for pregnant mothers?

  • You can obtain an application from the Early Childhood Development Officer of the Divisional Secretariat or From the officer in charge of this program  prior to exceeding three months of pregnancy.

Who can get educational assistance?

  • If children's father has a dead or crippling disability, children who go to school can get bursaries.

How to register an NGO?

  • Non-governmental organizations register more than a year after they start to issue documents.

Can Samurdhi Benefits be available?

  • Currently, new beneficiaries are not selected and appeals will be accepted in future.

What are the eligibility requirements for adult assistance?

  • More than 70 years of age on the date of application
  • Family income is Rs. 3000 or less

One person may apply for this from a husband or wife.

Additional District Registrar Division

How to get Birth, Marriage or Death certificates?

  • If the number and date of birth or marriage, death certificate is 100.00 rupees,
  • If you do not know the date of birth or the marriage or death certificate and do not know the date, you can get certificates worth Rs 200 / =.
  • Certificates can be obtained from the Kelaniya Divisional Secretariat only if a birth, marriage or death occurred in the Kelaniya District.

How to register Births?

  • To register a normal birth, A birth register should be registered three months prior to the birth of a Registrar of birth registration station at the relevant location.
  • You should contact the Additional District Registrar for registration of births which were three months old and obtain relevant information.

How to do the revision of the birth certificate?

  • Visit the Additional District Registrar with relevant documents.

Pension Section

How can a widow's orphans' pension be paid after the death of a civil pensioner?

  • First, get the death certificate of the pensioner and stop the pension.
  • If you have paid the extra money, contact the bank to receive it.
  • Then inform the relevant person to bring the following documents.
    • Original copy of the death certificate of the pensioner
    • The original copy of the widow's birth certificate
    • Original marriage certificate
    • A photocopy of the widow's bank account
    • Photocopy of the Widow's Identity Card
    • A photocopy of a widow orphan card or a widow orphan number
    • A passport-size color photograph certified by the Grama Niladari
    • All photocopies of the above documents should be certified by the Grama Niladari.
  • After making the relevant information, make a file and arrange for the creation of a widow's orphans' pension.

Why is the pensioner's pension stopped?

  • Stop the pension for not issuing the Life Certificate for the relevant year.
  • Issuing the life certificate after the pensioner arrived and Saying that the Grama Niladhari should be certified.
  • Subsequently, once the life certificate is submited, the pension will be updated.

Why is not the payment of pensions to the heirs after the death of the widow?

  • Explaining that If a person who is entitled to receive a widows' orphan's pension is dying,  person is entitled to a salary or a sum of arrears, should not have legal provision for paying them back to their heirs According to the widows '& orphans' Pension Act,

News & Events



The Next Pension Date is 10th of...

Scroll To Top